Wireless Watch 553: End of the smartphone era?
The smartphone era is ending as the growth engine runs out of steam
- Devices drag on both Apple and Microsoft, enterprise is key
- ARM needs new markets as 4G transition hits royalties
Subsidies out, non-handsets in, for the US’s big two carriers
- Huawei poised to overtake Ericsson as king of telco networks
- Yahoo buys Flurry to help it copy Facebook’s mobile growth
- Blackberry Passport - a last gasp for the handset division?
- China casts dark shadow over Qualcomm’s outlook
- Broadcom to lay off 2,500 after baseband exit
- Nitero’s WiGig chip designed from scratch for mobile